Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I Voted

I voted.

I voted for promoting Democracy in the Middle East.
I voted for Second Amendment rights.
I voted for tempering Science with Ethics.
I voted for Social Security Reform.
I voted against government-run healthcare.
I voted for less government interference in the economy.
I voted for keeping taxes down.
I voted for a man with fortitude.

I voted for "W".

I also voted against a local proposition for the city that would mandate that we buy incrementally more and more green energy, with arbitrary percentage points and at arbitrary times -- over the next 10 or 20 years.

I suppose that makes me "anti-environment" in the eyes of many. But I'm not. I'm very much for clean energy. Just not through arbitrary government mandates. And I'll give you an example.

A similar proposition passed in Springfield, MO years ago. They have like 8 solar panels and a windmill (might be able to power maybe two, or let's be generous, 5 houses with that setup). I drove by it twice this weekend. At any rate, people would drive by the windmill on the highway, and complain to the city that they payed all that money and why wasn't the windmill "working" (turning, that is) all the time?

I trust I don't need to tell intelligent people why that was.

The solution? When it's not windy, the windmill ACTUALLY USES POWER because they run power to it TO MAKE IT TURN so they won't get complaints from the idiots who voted for it.

That's government by the stupid for you.

No comments: