Sunday, August 13, 2006

More Bush Administration Bashing

Is it just me, or does it seem like the press's first idea for a headline on the terrorist plot bust in England was probably:

Major Terrorist Plot Thwarted: What the Bush Administration Did Wrong!

Does every story have to be cast in the context of how it reflects badly on the Bush Adminstration?

I saw a lady on CNN today interviewing Senator Roberts over the thwarted plot and she asked if this showed that intelligence activity was not working well. Roberts replied "I'm not sure I understand the question" -- probably trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. Did she really ask that stupid a question? Surely I misunderstood.

Nope, she repeated the question. I wish Rumsfeld were there to answer it. Roberts was much too polite and patronizing.

No comments: