Monday, January 07, 2008

Idiocracy

My good web buddy Morgan Freeberg recommended this movie a month or so ago.

The throngs of 26th century people in this movie would be swept away by Obama. He's got electrolytes, you know. He's what the young people crave. It says so right on his label.

I laughed all the way through it.

I never made the connection between Mike Judge and Beavis and Butthead when I saw "The Office". For some reason I get him mixed up with someone else. But now that I've seen this movie I feel a whole lot better about secretly liking the Beavis & Butthead cartoon. My "excuse" had been that Beavis and Butthead were cariacatures of people we all knew and couldn't stand. This peek inside Mike Judge's mind assures me that that was his intent. We're not supposed to like them or what they do. We're supposed to shake our heads that people actually think they're cool when they do things that they think will make them cool.

No comments: