Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hi, Sweetie

It's this kind of thing that I'd like to see the Right NOT get caught up in. I cringe when I see us getting all worked up over trivia the way the Left does. It doesn't help advance our position. We ought to be above it.

I saw the video clip on the news this morning. Nappy-headed hoes. Sweetie. Whatever. Was it condescending? Perhaps, if you want to take it that way. But there are so many other bigger legitimate f-issues to fry with this man.

The only really worthwile angle is the double-standard. The hypocrisy. Political correctness is brought to us by the Left, which is why it's been so amusing to watch the identity politics melt-down in the Dem primary. But when the right gets caught up in the triviality by pointing the same stupid fingers the Left does ... it doesn't help our own cause.

That being said.... I also saw a poll that showed most of the Dems polled wanted Obama to pick Edwards as his veep. Oh-please-oh-please-oh-please-oh-please!

I can hear the phone call now. "Hi, sweetie! How'd you like to be my running mate?"

No comments: