Thursday, July 10, 2008

No Exceptions!

I saw a bumpersticker at lunch today.

God bless the whole world. No Exceptions.

At first I thought, "hmm, there's a few people who I could think of I could do without him blessing." Unless, of course, the blessing was these people came to their senses and stopped being the murderous, evil bastards they are.

But then I realized ... duh! This is another liberal scolding bumpersticker. It's supposedly a response to "God Bless America".

Now I'm not sure about you, but I've never seen a bumpersticker or sign that said "God Bless America, and Nobody Else." Just like I've never heard anybody (who wasn't clearly joking) say that only English should be spoken in America. Either they just like to misrepresent what people say in order to scold them from on high, or they have a terrible case of projection (exclusivity such as, say, only sleeping with Democrats, for instance).

Probably a bit of both.

No comments: