Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Well You Don't Have to Make a Federal Case Out of It

I agree with the Obama Administration on something, and whenever I do, I try to post it. It's kind of like Kahoutek or something. A rare event. But they do occur.

It's not much. They've put out a mealy-mouthed memo that says that federal prosecution of marijuana use in states that allow it for medicinal purposes won't be a "priority". A step in the right direction, but one wonders about how such vaguery will wash with equal protection under the law, especially because Sotomayor et. al. don't really believe in it for their political opponents.

Frankly, I'd like to see the war on drugs dropped altogether, as it is a war on liberty. Drugs, especially marijuana, ought to be legal. Not saying I condone their use. I'm just saying the whole thing runs counter to The Law.

Imagine how nice a wall we could build on the Mexican border with all that money we'd save ;-)

No comments: