Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hoyer says we're not interested

First he said:
"Frankly, what we want to do is do the Senate bill as amended by reconciliation," House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer told reporters today. "If we pursue this process, it is consistent with the rules, it is consistent with former practice, and in my opinion will be consistent with having members express themselves on the Senate bill as amended by reconciliation."
 Which means it's not the Senate bill anymore, then, doesn't it?  They didn't approve the amendments.  And then he went on to say:
"I don't think any American...is going to make the distinction," said Hoyer, adding that both parties have used this process and that few voters care that Republicans actually used it more often than Democrats. "Process is interesting, particularly to all of us around this room. But in the final analysis, what is interesting to the American public is what does this bill do for them and their families."
 Au contraire.  I am making a distinction.  What this does for me and my family is to demolish the country that is the United States of America.   Government.  Control.  Nanny State.

And I don't care if both parties have used it.  It is wrong.

I mean, shoot, in 1854, Democrats passed the Kansas-Nebraska act that allowed the importing of slaves into the territories.  So, by that logic ... you know, hey ... they did it.  So obviously, it would be ok for Republicans to pass a law to start importing slaves again ...  right?  I mean ... stands to reason.  Obviously.

No comments: