Saturday, July 17, 2010

Anonymous Comments Off

Sorry about that.  I wanted to make it easier for people to comment, so I turned Anonymous comments on several months ago.  But I'm tired of dealing with the Chinese spam.   So off it goes.

It accepts OpenID and stuff.

This might not fix it.  We'll see.  I have moderation turned on for posts older than 1 week.  If it doesn't stop, I'll have to turn moderation back on for everything.  Which I don't want to do.   But...

Funny, when I was searching to see if there was a way to specifically block this spam, I found an article entitled "how do I block this Chinese spam"

The first reply was "your problem is with spam.  There's no need to use the word 'Chinese' in the title.  Please edit the title of your post."

Ugh!   ALL of the spam I'm getting is from China.  So I think if it were my post, I'd edit it to say "How do I block this f*cking Chinese spam?"

I work closely with three Chinese ladies.  Love 'em to death.  But the spam is Chinese, and I'll freaking call it Chinese if it's Chinese.

No comments: