Thursday, January 20, 2011

I Would Never Join a Group That Would Have Me As a Member

But apparently I've self-selected here, so it doesn't count.

Yes, it looks like I'm one of the Transdimensional Disorder of the Friendly Sons & Daughters of the Cosmic Raccoons.

I just turned around one day, and there I was, and I've even got a picture to prove it.  Though it was taken before I became cosmically aware... of .... you know .... my "membership".  In the ... thingy.

I'm speaking of none other than a group of unknown size and depth, realized, discovered, or somehow nucleated by Gagdad Bob, otherwise known as Bob Godwin, or in the East, apparently, Swami Jokanada.  Joke a nada,  Buddump bum!

Somehow, I think we're both from Summa Nulla.  Or perhaps The Lands Beyond.   At least we met there, once.

At any rate, I think the little Rocky Raccoon guy he uses on his page is one bad asterisk looking little dude.

He's not for everyone, I'll grant ya.  But if you have any interest in thinking about things on a psychophilosophical level, well you might give 'er a whirl.   Sort of "transcendental applied theology".  For people who like a little wordplay and wry humor mixed in with this sort of thing.  Mental calisthenics that are good for the soul.

Well, for mine anyway.

Reminds me of my days wading through Alan Watts and Robert Pirsig ... and even M. Scott Peck.   And that Wu Li Master guy.

As they say, your mileage may vary.

No comments: