Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Jeans Switch

I've long been a wearer of Levis 501's.   I like the way they fit.  I like the way they look.  It's the only brand-name clothing I ever go out of my way to buy.

But not anymore.   Apparently they give heavily to anti-gun causes.   So I'm done with 'em.   It appears I'm at least 10 years late on this, too.

It's too bad.  I liked that button fly.  Sturdy.

So I went a-googling for jeans that have a similar cut.   I've never been a fan of the relaxed fit, much less the baggy sacks of denim, especially the ones that were pre-stained for ya.

And I came across the Wrangler Cowboy Cut Original Fit.   They'll work.  And they come in at just over half the price of the Levis to boot.

So, goodbye, Levis.  Hello Wrangler.  Go ahead.  Call me a hick.  I'm over it.

I'll be cleaning my guns with Levis rags.

2 comments:

tim said...

Though this pains me as I too have been a life long Levi’s wearer, and about to buy another pair, we all, especially now, have to have principles and be ready to live them.

Thanks for the heads up, Philmon, Though I’ll probably go Lee, the Wranglers never did anything for me.

philmon said...

tim, believe me, I COMPLETELY understand. I went through this over about the past 5, 6 weeks. I was bummed. I didn't want to believe it. I looked it up. And I just said, "I can't". Not anymore.

I used to say the same thing about Wrangler -- that I didn't like the fit. But if you like the 501's, the Cowboy Cut Regulars are real close.

If you were a "relaxed fit" guy, all bets are off.

Mike Rowe advertises for Lee. I like Mike. And Mike likes guns :-)