Thursday, February 17, 2011

OOOh, a SPARKLY!!!!

Speaking of Morgan, congratulations are in order.  I would be remiss in not celebrating my "best friend I've never met"'s engagement to the woman who has gone out of her way to put up with him -- with a post. 

It is, in a word, "awesome".

Congratulations to the both of you, and I hope you have a truckload of happy anniversaries in the years to come!

Just so you know, Morgan, I have some rules for a happy marriage, not the least of which are these.

Regardless of the size or nature of the gift, a card is a requirement on her birthday.  A card and flowers on your anniversary.  A card and flowers on Valentine's Day.  No exceptions, not even over her verbal "oh, you don't have to."   Flowers are not limited to these days, nor are cards, but these are absolute requirements.

Christmas - there's no "we're not getting each other anything's".    It's perfectly fine if she gets you nothing upon that agreement, but you will get her something.  You will.  It's the law.  Sorry, it's wired in the Universe, and there's nothing you can do about it that you won't regret later. 

I know that sounds all materialistic and stuff.  It is the thought that counts, but there needs to be tangible evidence of that thought.  I always say, no, you shouldn't have to.  You should want to.

So there's my two wooden nickels.  That and $3.50 will get you a cuppa Joe at Starbucks ;-)

No comments: