Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Surprise! Maureen is in on the White House PR Campaign

With an oh-so-cute "right back at ya" headline:   "Don't Tread on Us"

Yeah, that's right.  Fighting against the government mandating everyone must pay for free/subsidized birth control for women is the same thing as fighting women.

Uh huh.  We all really secretly hate our wives and daughters and mothers and aunts.  That's it.  You got us, Maureen.  We're really not human at all.   Maybe we should just be rounded up and ...

2 comments:

Severian said...

This is one thing my liberal friends don't get, no matter how I try to explain it to them:

I would love to be a liberal.

Seriously, I would. I spend so much mental energy trying to understand why those other guys think the way they do.... what a waste! I could just label it HATE!!1!!eleventy! and move on, smug and secure in my own unimpeachable virtue.

Why bother with the facts and the logic and the reason and the trying to put yourself in the other guy's shoes? It has so often been said that conservatives think liberals are deluded, while liberals think conservatives are evil. Well, you can clear up ignorance, but evil is forever.

See what I mean? It would be so nice to be able to say "so what about your facts and logic and consistency? I'm right and you're wrong, neener neener neener".... and then just walk away, feeling like I've actually struck a blow for social justice in the face of reactionary thuggery.

Alas.

philmon said...

You know, I didn't even read the article, just the headline.

Becuase Maureen, and we've discussed this on these pages before -- though she can often look the red-headed temptress ... invariably just pisses me off.